Elementary Explorers (Grade 1-5)
Religious Education – Explorers (Grade 1-5):
Elementary age students attend the first 15 minutes of service with their parents, and are dismissed to their classes, which run from 10:15 – 11:15 A.M.
Each year we address one-to-two of the four questions described under our program philosophy.
This year elementary students will explore the questions:
- How do we fit in the world?
- How do we live our values?
We are using the curriculum “Peace thru Play” by Judy Keiser. We will focus on our UU principles through the lens of world cultures. Art, movement, storytelling and play will be used to create a space for empathy and understanding of diversity in our community and the world. We will learn about five different countries:
- Brazil: Respect for the Earth and Each Other
- Ghana: Accepting Difference
- Romania: Freedom to Search for Truth
- Morocco: Recognizing Inherent Worth and Dignity
- Guatemala: Brains Better than Brawn
- Facilitators: Deborah West, Claudia Jiménez
Children also participate in annual activities such as:
- Trick or Treat for UNICEF (Oct.)
- Guest at Your Table (Nov.)
- Martin Luther King Day Parade (Jan.)
- Secret Friends (Feb.)
Contact our Director of Lifespan Religious Education at: email@example.com, or call (772) 778-5880.