Children & Youth Religious Education
The Children & Youth Religious Education (RE) Program at UUFVB seeks to provide children and their families support on their spiritual journey as they explore Unitarian Universalist history, values and practices while addressing the following questions:
- Who are we? (Principles and History)
- Where do we come from? (Sources)
- How do we live our values? (Spiritual Toolkit)
- What is our place in the world? (Outreach)
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION NUTS & BOLTS:
Class times: 10:15 – 11:15 AM: Children start their morning in the sanctuary and are sung out to their classes. They meet in the lobby by the yellow sofas.
Childcare (Infants-K): Located in the Bridges School; first classroom on the right when you walk through the double doors. Volunteers at the Welcome Table can show you the way. Our paid provider is Miss Maureen. Children can be dropped off at 9:50 AM and should be picked up in the childcare room after service.
Registration: Please register children to allow us to be sensitive to their needs (allergies, etc.). Forms available on the RE table in Fellowship Hall. You can also e-mail our Director of Religious Education for an electronic copy at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING IN RELIGIOUS EDUCATION?
- Sunday bulletin includes information about the day’s RE classes
- Re-UPDATE delivered via e-mail to all families (Please make sure our Director of Religious Education
DRE- has your e-mail)
- Monthly REflections in the Congregational Reader
RE Bulletin board on wheels in the lobby
- RE table in Fellowship Hall