Contribute Time and Resources as You are Willing and Able:
On a Sunday Morning:
- Set-up Sunday coffee and clean up after
- Provide chancel flowers
- Be an Usher/Greeter for a Sunday service; hand out order of service; and collect offertory
- Assist Fair Trade Corner cashier before and after Sunday services and at special UUFVB events
- Sing in the Choir or play a musical instrument
- Assist with the sound and lighting in the audio booth
Once a Month:
- Prepare and deliver a meal for people in transitional housing at three locations in Vero Beach: Samaritan Center, Camp Haven, and Veterans Duplex. This meal is prepared in the Fellowship kitchen at 1:00 PM on the 4th Tuesday of each month.
- Donate cash, non-perishable food items and toiletries for the Food Pantry of Indian River County; collections are on the second Sunday of the month during Sunday service. Personal size toiletries are also collected for the homeless; the collection box is in the office.
- Assist in the office with copying, typing, filing, answering phones or special projects with the Librarian and/or Historian
- Landscaping, minor building repair, or upkeep tasks
- Assist with the Sunday worship service by lighting the chalice or conducting a reading
- Be an Emerson Center events helper: Sell tickets, distribute flyers/posters, usher, and/or direct parking. Volunteers receive a free ticket to the event
- Participate in various fundraisers, UUFVB events, etc. Keep informed of upcoming events in the newsletter.
- Attend or host a Circle Dinner (see item on the right side of this page)
- Call-on or send a note to a member of the congregation who can’t attend services or events.
- Chaperone or assist with a youth event. Help our children with their religious exploration by teaching a unit of study. Don’t worry — training is provided.
- Do you have another particular area of interest that you feel comfortable teaching to adults?
- Project Niños: Each December this congregation collects money that is used to empower local Latino farm workers to provide Christmas presents and a Christmas dinner for their family. Redlands Christian Migrant Association (RCMA) in Fellsmere provides us with the names of deserving families. For full description ==> Click Here
- In January march with other members of UUFVB in the annual Martin Luther King Day parade in the community of Gifford.
47 total views