Read Endowment Fund Mission Here – Then Scroll Down to DONATE:
One of the best ways to support UUFVB long-term financial health is to contribute to the Endowment Fund. The Endowment Fund is separate from the Fellowship’s operating budget. Earnings from the Endowment are used for congregation-initiated projects that offer enduring benefits, such as enrichment of Fellowship programs, improvement of building and landscaping, capital purchases, unusual educational opportunities for the congregation, or other special needs which are beyond the scope and means of the Fellowship’s operating budget.
BUILD ON YOUR LEGACY THROUGH ENDOWMENT FUND DONATIONS
Unitarian Universalists have a rich history of contributing to society. They do this through current ACTS and CONTRIBUTIONS. Through such acts and contributions they benefit people in the present and in the future, leaving a legacy that redounds to the advantage of many future generations.
You have the opportunity to establish your own personal legacy that will further the mission of the UUFVB. We think of Endowment Fund contributions as “gifts that keep on giving.” We preserve the principal of each contribution, and then make earnings from that principal available to projects sponsored by UUFVB Committees. Each of those projects, in turn, is obliged to demonstrate that it will generate enduring benefits to the Members and the UUFVB Mission, separate from the normal responsibilities of the UUFVB operating budget.
We invite you to be part of this tradition. There are many ways to contribute, including:
RIGHT NOW! To make an immediate contribution below or you may also send a check to the Endowment Fund, UUFVB, 1590 27th Ave, Vero Beach FL 32960.
NOW for the FUTURE: And/or, you may wish to make the UUFVB Endowment a beneficiary of your Estate, life insurance policy, IRA, deferred compensation, will, or other policy where your contribution is recorded now but activated in the future according to the conditions you specify.
For the following types of gifts it is important to notify UUFVB of your gift. We also recommend that you consult an attorney or a professional estate planner; and ensure that the UUFVB Endowment Fund is designated as the recipient.
Upon making any of the following gifts you will become a member of the UUFVB Legacy Society. The Legacy Society is comprised of those UUFVB members who have made inter vivos gifts or included the Endowment Fund in their Estate plans.
- Outright Gifts: An immediate transfer of property (cash, stocks, bonds, real estate). Gifts must be made to the UUFVB Endowment Fund.
- Bequests: A gift through the distribution of property at death under a will or a trust. You may designate a specific dollar amount, a percentage of your estate, or the balance after other bequests are made. Bequests must be made to the UUFVB Endowment Fund.
- Deferred Gifts: A gift whereby you arrange to retain use of your asset (for example: a home, land or income from securities) during your lifetime. The gift becomes the property of the Fund at your death. There are many types of deferred gift plans that can be used.
- Retirement Funds/IRA: You can bequeath all or part of your retirement fund/IRA by naming the Endowment Fund as a beneficiary.
- Memorial/Testimonial Gifts: A gift given in memory of a loved one or a gift given to honor a living person (which can be made using any of the options described here).
- Life Insurance Policies: The Endowment Fund is named as a beneficiary of your insurance policy.
If you have questions or would like to discuss the Endowment Fund, please feel free to email us at email@example.com